Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tomahawk Car Show


I spent Memorial Day weekend in Tomahawk, after my son and a friend got my furniture moved to my new apartment. I’ll post more on that later. My apartment is downtown and on the main drag. Sunday, May 27th, I was awakened by what sounded like a DJ right outside my window. I walk to the living room and I realize some sort of major event is going on. There was a DJ below my apartment. There were many very cool cars in the street as I looked out the window. It turns out that every Memorial Day weekend Tomahawk sponsors a Main Street Memories Car Show. There were cars from the 50’s and 60’s but also older cars, and a few newer ones. I had to return to St. Paul to finish getting the rest of my stuff so I didn’t spend much time at the show. Next year I plan to see every car. There is a craft area also so I will likely rent a table to sell my photo cards and knit dish cloths.
Here are a few photos:

Just getting started
The view from 2nd floor
Hula hooping is part of the show. I was told they have a contest and very few  in my age range enter so I'm going to practice to get ready for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment