Monday, June 18, 2012

NaNoWriMo



Today begins the first full week I will be in my new apartment in Tomahawk. I’ve been back and forth between here and St. Paul, MN for the last 3 weeks. So it’s time to get serious about unpacking and blogging. My goal is to try to blog daily. It isn’t that I have any profound things to say but I want the discipline of daily writing so I will be ready for NaNoWriMo in November. What, you say? 

NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. Participants  write 50,000 words of a new novel between November 1 and 30. The idea isn’t to write the next best selling novel but to write everyday. Participants come from all around the world. All ages are represented. Some entrants, like me, have never written a novel before. Some are already published authors. If you think this is something that interests you go here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/
I’m not sure why November was chosen as the month for this challenge. It’s such a busy month with Thanksgiving, writing Christmas cards, and beginning holiday shopping. I think January or February would be a better choice but no one asked me. I hope a few of you will join me in this challenge.





My little grandsons look out the window of my new apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment